28 March 2021

This Queen is Thirteen

Dear Zoe,

I love watching you grow, but it hurts.

I'm in awe as you become the person you're meant to be. I'm so impressed and I kinda can't believe that I get to be part of this process of you becoming. You're my favorite kind of magic and I'm grateful for each and every day I get to be your mom.

Last night I watched you curl up on the couch to read your book with your long legs. You are almost taller than me. You are still a kid, but you are becoming an adult too. I can see the transformation happening in front of my eyes. I'm captivated, and I am enthralled; I am also devastated and I miss you already. 

Watching you grow is by far and large my favorite thing I've ever done. Watching time slip through my fingers hurts like crazy.

I've never had something I love so much rip my heart out at the same time. I don't want you to stop, but gosh, I wish I could hold on to this moment a little longer. I wish I could hit the pause button and soak it in. I wish I could stay right here for just a little while longer.

You are the best thing I've ever done. I'm so incredibly proud of you. I also know every day is a gift and it's a privilege to watch your life unfold. It's wonderfully and beautifully hard watching you grow up.

Love 💖

mommy

(credit wonderoak - edited by me)

No comments: